Shipping - With the whole world as a workplace
Within Stena’s international shipping business lies world-leading expertise in all maritime sectors; from shipbuilding and crewing to technical service, chartering, commercial operation, financing and marketing. Innovation and first-class performance at every level of the business and a sharp focus on customer requirements are the principal reasons for success.
The business area shipping consists of Stena RoRo, Stena Bulk, Stena Teknik, Northern Marine Management, Concordia Maritime and various departments including IT, Assurance and Human Relations. This international organisation means close proximity to customers and creates access to important geographic markets.
First-class performance at every level
Common to all companies and activities in the shipping operation is a sharp customer focus based on innovative, customer-adapted solutions and a first-class performance. The common objective is to underpin the customer’s competitiveness by providing competitive transport solutions for customers with high demands on economical transport, flexibility and safety.
A world-class fleet
The fleet consists of around 80 vessels with a combined tonnage of just over 6 million dwt. The fleet comprises of tanker vessels, RoRo and RoPax vessels of different sizes.
Short facts about companies in the business area
- Stena Bulk is a leading international tanker shipping company. Stena Bulk provides both companies in the Stena Sphere and external customers with marketing, chartering and commercial operations services. Read more at www.stenabulk.com
- Northern Marine Management is a Ship Management company that handles the crewing and operating of over 100 vessels for internal and external customers. Read more at www.nmm-stena.com
- Concordia Maritime is an internationel tanker shipping company that develops, builds, mans and charter ships for customers with high demands on transport economy, flexibility and security. The focus is on cost-effective and safe transportation of refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel and jet fuel. Concordia Maritime was founded in 1984 and the company's B shares have since been listed on Nasdaq OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm. Read more at www.concordia-maritime.com
- Stena RoRo's fleet consists of RoRo and RoPax vessels, which are chartered to customers worldwide. Stena RoRo also works as an in-house supplier of vessels to Stena Line. Read more at www.stenaroro.com
- Stena Teknik is a common resource for all maritime business areas within Stena. Activities consist of newbuilding and conversion projects, general marine technical advice and procurement. Read more here
- Stena LNG aims to be a first class provider of safe and reliable transportation of LNG. This should be done in line with our core values, Innovation, Performance and Care. Read more at www.stenalng.com